Monday, November 23, 2009

Wedding Steps Bridal Expo



I am not quite sure who enjoyed themselves more - the children or myself.

Maybe it was a draw.

We were at the Portuguese Cultural Center in Danbury, CT -enjoying the company of local vendors and many gorgeous brides-to-be. We even got to meet a few grooms.

Impressive for Football Sunday!










Beatrice was thrilled to have her hair done by one of the lovely ladies from the TCB Salon in Danbury, CT. She'd been so excited about her dress that it was very nice to see her get a completed look.



Needless to say, she felt like a princess - and spent most of the morning strutting around the wedding hall handing out favours and showing off the wristlet provided by Whisconier Florist.



It was also fun to promote some of the in colours for 2010.









Raphael (my son) was my second helper.

He was in charge of handing out information packets.

Did pretty well with the ladies too!

It was truly wonderful seeing the look on bride's faces when they realised that I wasn't representing anyone but myself. That they could get involved, and get what they want for themselves and their bridal party. Some had stories to tell, others had drawings or magazine cuttings of their dresses to show.

It's why I love working one on one with people.



Especially brides.

You get to see first hand what they are passionate about, and why they are passionate about it.

And lets face it ... your wedding is the one day in your life where you get to focus on yourself.







Yes, you do have to co-ordinate many many things.


But on your wedding day ..
you get to shine.


You're entitled to look gorgeous and get exactly what you want.


I met a lot of wonderful service providers yesterday - and look forward to blogging about them over the next few months.

Remember to enter to win the coin pearl necklace on my website. It will run till December 8th, 2009 - but there's no time like the present.



And in case you're wondering what happened to all the pink balloons hanging all over the place at the event ...

.. they are now living with us!

Before I go ... I just want to say a quick thank you to the brides who came to the expo yesterday.

I wish you all the best in the run up to your wedding, and look forward to working with you!

2 comments:

  1. What a great display! I hope you did really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome blog! It was great to meet you yesterday and I'll be calling you in the New Year. I'm going to sign up for the necklace lottery too. Can't wait to get started on my wedding jewelry!

    ReplyDelete

 

Web Design by JoyfulRose