Monday, November 8, 2010

CT Bridal Event - a recap

Bridal shows rock!

There's really no other way to put it.

Over the past year and a half or so I've participated in several as a vendor, and I've loved each and every one. But I have to say that being able to participate both as a vendor and as a blogger is simply awesome.





For the past four years, Kia Martinson-Wenzel of ESTOccasions has organized the CT Bridal Event. So far it's always been Fall affair - but, based on the popularity of the event, that is set to change. A Spring show is being added in 2011, and can I just say ... I think it's a splendid idea!




Yesterday's event was held at UConn's Alumni Center in Storrs, CT. In a reception hall filled with the most wonderful natural light streaming in from countless windows and a really great staircase. Talk about making a grand entrance coming down these stairs!


Alumni Center


Julie Sweeney (below) oversees events at the Alumni Center.

Julie Sweeney

Networking has taken me in exciting directions over the past several months - and I am happy to report that yesterday's vendors were among the most interesting I've ever met. 


Tiff's Wicked Cakes
Must say I was extremely glad that my children were gone by the time Tiffany Flanagan arrived with the Groom cake featured above. I suspect that despite the sign, they would have had a hard time staying away from those whiskers! I had a hard time myself, truth be told.


Creative Cookies by Jennifer
 
I spent a fair amount of my time familiarizing myself with the products on offer but, alas, my photo-taking skills need serious honing. I can't give all of the vendors present pictorial representation in this blogpost, but you should get an idea. I'll be showcasing many of them in more details as the weeks roll by, too.

 
Mary Kay

I was thrilled to discover that the people behind Chocolate Covered Affair not only have plans to open up retail space, but they are planning to offer gluten-free treats. We'll be catching up with them very soon!
HGK Designs
As I traveled between the various rooms and displays, something jumped out at me. There was a sense of camaraderie between strangers that is not easy to come by  at shows. Kudos to Kia here - because she clearly knows her vendors. It certainly made the whole experience that much more pleasurable!

London and Hartmann Photography
AIS Audio Media Solutions
UConn Department of Dining Services

Cam Fogg
Now while the rest of us were manning our tables downstairs, the ladies from Love Me Two Times were upstairs ...


... attending to brides-to-be at a wonderful trunk show. 

There were dresses, shoes .. and bling!

Love Me Two Times


Pre-loved designer dresses at absolutely fantastic prices! Imagine getting your bridal gown for $49 or $99!


Sandi from Love Me Two Times with brides



And because I know you are all dying to know just who the Soon-To-Be Mrs. Turner really is, I'll end with a photo of her .. in her prospective wedding veil.

Meet ... Ashley.

Soon-To-Be Mrs. Turner







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Web Design by JoyfulRose